DENTOMED TRABZON DENTISTRY
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is the cleaning, disinfection and filling of infected nerves in the canals of the tooth as a result of the loss of vitality of the nerves and veins in the tooth as a result of cracks and fractures in the teeth, caries in the tooth, wrong treatment processes, incorrect restorations.
When is root canal treatment required?
- In caries that have progressed to the nerve of the tooth,
- In cases where fractures involving the nerve of the tooth occur as a result of trauma,
- In cases where the tooth loses its vitality as a result of excessive force on the tooth as a result of orthodontic treatment,
- In advanced gum diseases,
- In the elimination of sensitivity caused by advanced wear on the teeth,
- High filled fillings or prostheses are also required.
How do you know when a tooth needs root canal treatment?
- Very severe hot and cold sensitivity in your tooth,
- Özellikle geceleri hiçbir uyaran olmadan ağrı,
- If you have toothache while eating
- Color change in your teeth as a result of the death of nerves,
- Swelling on your face as a result of abscess formation,
- In some cases, it is understood that treatment is required in the dental and radiological examinations performed without any symptoms.
What are the stages of root canal treatment?
- With anesthesia, you will not feel any pain.
- The decay is cleaned or the broken part is removed and the nerves of the tooth are reached.
- The nerves and tissues at the root of the tooth are cleaned.
- The root canal is shaped up to the root tip.
- Depending on the condition of the tooth, a single-session treatment can be performed, or there may be treatments that take several sessions
- In between sessions, dressing is done with drugs that will heal the root and root tip.
- At the end of the root canal treatment, the canal is filled up to the root tip with special filling materials.